SCG Wins Five PRism awards
By Randy James
November 12, 2012 – As a communications and public affairs consulting firm, SCG’s customary role is in the background – supporting our clients as they carry out their diverse missions. Last week was a bit of an exception, however, as SCG was honored with five PRism awards from the LA Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America. PRisms acknowledge the best work in our industry over the previous year in a wide range of categories, from writing and filmmaking to event staging and media placement. We were fortunate to be recognized by our peers for our work with five top-tier clients we’re proud to be associated with:
- Reputation/Brand Management – Union Bank , for the 2011 Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Public Affairs – Los Angeles Business Council for the CLEAN LA Solar Campaign
- Sports Program – Los Angeles Marathon
- Press Conference – Canyon-Agassi Charter School Facilities Fund, for the opening of the KIPP Philadelphia Elementary Academy
- Corporate Annual Report – The Pacific Maritime Association
The awards were announced at a gala event at the Loews Hollywood Hotel, with our entire team in attendance. Making the evening even more memorable, we were joined at our table by Steve Soboroff, the honoree for Outstanding Achievement in Public Affairs, as well as by Ron Hartwig, communications head for the J. Paul Getty Trust and a mentor to many in our industry. We’d also like to tip our hat to Union Bank for being named Corporate Citizen of the Year, and whose award was accepted by our close partner Julius Robinson.
Almost every day of the year, we’re happy to go unnoticed by the public in order to let our clients’ achievements take center stage. Once in a while, though, it feels good to take a bow.