About the Position
Sugerman Communications Group – an LA-based public affairs and communications consulting firm involved in some of the leading issues facing the region and nation – is seeking a new Associate to join our team. Our clients are leaders in their fields and influencers in sectors such as transportation, education, housing, finance, and more. The ideal candidate would have 2-4 years of experience in a communications/public affairs setting, such as a corporate communications department, media outlet, public relations firm, or political office.
As a small firm, there is ample room to advance at SCG, and the type of work assigned to Associates is limited only by their desire to learn and grow. We’re looking for someone who has a professional level of writing proficiency, strong organizational skills, stellar attention to detail, client relations skills, and an affinity for project management. The Associate will be required to consistently produce high-quality communications content, including media materials, client presentations, web copy, op-eds and client strategy memos.
Among other things, the Associate will be:
- Writing for a variety of client projects, including message platforms, websites, press releases, op-eds, proposals, annual reports and talking points;
- Developing communications strategy and action plans to achieve client short- and long-term goals;
- Managing client accounts and driving day-to-day activities for long-term communications programs;
- Conducting media relations activities, ranging from standard media outreach for story placement to orchestrating press conferences and other high-profile events;
- Conducting policy research for clients;
- Attending/ participating in public hearings on client matters; and
- Supporting account lead and team in all aspects of client engagement
We operate in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment that is part newsroom, political office and corporate communications department. Our office culture rewards a take-charge attitude, good judgment, creativity and a strong work ethic.
Compensation, including benefits, will be competitive and guided by the candidate’s relevant professional experience.
We ask that candidates be located in Los Angeles.
About Sugerman Communications Group, Inc.
Established in 2002, SCG takes on some of the most challenging and dynamic assignments in Los Angeles and nationwide, achieving consistently great results for our clients. We are proud to represent leaders in their field – public companies, small and large private businesses, non-profit organizations, law firms, universities and associations. We help our clients achieve their specific objectives, such as securing a government approval, driving business growth, enhancing a brand image or demonstrating leadership in the public policy arena.